The Storage of data
If you complete a form on the website (e.g. when you request further information), we store the details you enter in a database to enable us to provide you with further information and follow up on your enquiry.
If you believe your name and/or e-mail address is stored in one of our databases and would like the record deleted or amended, or would like a copy of the details we hold, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying your name and e-mail address.
Measures have been taken to protect the data we store from access by unauthorised individuals or organisations.
Sharing and Disclosure
Depot Rail will not sell, rent or pass on your personally identifiable information to anyone other than to comply with legal regulations.
We may need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested and will only do so with your permission.
Data Protection Law
Depot Rail operates under the European General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’) and (when enacted) the UK Data Protection Act (‘DPA’). The GDPR and DPA apply to ‘personal data’ we process. Under the GDPR and DPA, the data protection principles set out the main responsibilities imposed on organisations, and the principles with which they must be able to demonstrate compliance. Following those principles we will ensure that personal data is:-
- Processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner;
- Collected for specified legitimate reasons
- Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary
- Accurate and if required kept up to date;
- Kept for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed. Depot Rail operates a data retention policy which complies with legal requirements.
- Processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, We only retain personal data for the purposes for which it was collected and for a reasonable period afterwards where there is a legal obligation to do so.
An individual’s rights under Data Protection Law
Under the GDPR and DPA, an individual has the following rights about their personal data processed by Depot Rail, The right to:-
- be informed about how Depot Rail uses personal data.
- access the personal data we hold and be provided within 1 month
- amendments of data, where it is inaccurate or incomplete, we shall make these amendments within 1 month of request
- erasure of personal data:-
the personal data is no longer required for the purpose for which it was originally collected, or consent was given which has now been withdrawn and we have no other legal or legitimate reason to keep the information
Please contact us at email@example.com or write to us at the address on this website for more information about the GDPR and your rights under Data Protection law.